Monday, January 24, 2011

Daily Routine, or what i did on January 22

I started the day with the usual cup of tea with breakfast. To start the five drawings required for this assignment I decided to draw my tea before drinking it. It was cold by the time I finished the drawing, but never mind. Thinking it still too early to leave the house, I read some from a book of Frank O'Hara  poems I took out from the library. I read his prose piece Larry Rivers: A Memoir, written about the artist Larry Rivers.

"What his work has always said to me, I guess, is to be more keenly interested while I'm still alive. And Perhaps this is the most important thing art can say." 

I then left for Whole Foods because I was running low on food.  I took the subway to South St and walked for a few blocks. There is a lot of interesting mural work on buildings on the way there but I also tried to focus some attention on less obvious things, like discarded orange peels on the sidewalk.

I then went to Blick to pick up some supplies. This visit was short because they were sold out of the paints I needed. I tried to take some interesting shots and then decided to head back home and make some more tea since my hands were starting to freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment