This is a drawing of three apples I bought combined with a photograph of the pile of apples they were taken from.
This is my cup of tea combined with the book of collected poems by Frank O'Hara I was reading from. These images relate because they are what made up my morning routine.The photograph on the left is of one of Isaiah Zagar's mosaics and on the right is a scan of a small wooden bird carving that I borrowed from my sister, who bought it while she was in Egypt. I combined these two images because of their ornate and arabesque qualities and because they share a sense of beautiful randomness.


John, I like the subject matter you've found. The several classes I've had with you would lead me to believe you've got yourself a niche still life, these quiet morning pieces. The glasses are always subtly and elegantly rendered, and even if this is just a phase, it's nice to notice when peers find a groove. It's just healthy.
ReplyDelete